Saturday, February 27, 2010

box of joy!




this was the little box of joy that i put together for grady. the framed poem now lives on my nightstand and i read it every morning.

if you can't read the poem in the picture it goes like this (you might need a tissue or two!):


i do not have a face to see,
or put inside a frame.
i do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
i don't yet have a name.

not yet can you hold my tiny hands,
nor whisper in my ear.
it's still too soon to sing a song,
or cuddle me so near.

but all that will change come this october;
when they say i am due.
i am your first born child;
and i can't wait until i meet you!

all i ask between now and then
is your love for me to grow.
i promise i'll be worth the wait;
just think of all the joy we'll know!

so as you're waiting patiently,
please pray lots of prayers for me.
i cannot wait to be a part
of this wonderful family!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that little poem!! We can't wait to shower hugs and kisses on your (our!) little chickadee!! :)

    ReplyDelete