Monday, May 2, 2011

must have monday

so first i have to pat myself on the back before i get into my must have monday for this week.

*pat* for making it 6 months exclusively breastfeeding! *pat*

the goal i set was 6 months, and i met it to-the-day! to me this was a huge accomplishment. i wasn't sure how things were going to work out with pumping at work. i have been very diligent though. twice a day i close my office door (thank goodness i have an office) and hang a 'do not enter' sign that i made on my door (because, yes, i had someone walk in on me even with my door closed...embarrassing!!) and away we go!

right around the 5.5 month mark though i wasn't getting as much as usual and had to start dipping into my frozen stash. then at exactly 6 months i ran out of frozen and had to send in his first formula bottle to daycare! he didn't seem to mind it at all (phew!). not being able to keep up with his demands has led me to send in two bottles of each, which i still think is pretty good. but making formula bottles in the individual bottles is kind of a pain in the neck.

unless you have my must have monday!!!

i have to give a quick thanks to miss lisa for telling me about this wonderful contraption! no more shaking individual bottles. all you have to do is put in the amount of water and formula you need in the pitcher, then move the handle up and down and the formula is mixed perfectly! then you just pour that into your bottles and you're done. LOVE it!!

i end up hand washing mine since we don't run the dishwasher every night, but all the parts are dishwasher safe. all the parts are BPA free too. if you're using any type of formula and want a couple minutes back in your day i would HIGHLY recommend getting one of these. at $15 you really can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment