Saturday, April 3, 2010

prenatal pilates

i have my friend dawn to thank for letting me know about the awesome prenatal pilates class she's been taking for the past 10 weeks. a new session has started and i made sure to sign up for it (after i got the ok from my doctor!!)! so every friday from 6:30-7:30pm i get some quality bonding time with little chickadee and other mom's to be. it's really great! and then after class dawn, mary and i head over to wegman's for dinner yummy!! i think i'm going to like this new friday ritual.

i can definitely see how these classes are going to help me tone, stretch and strengthen specific birthing muscles too. i've only been to one class and i can already feel it this morning! and i don't know if i was just trying to calm myself down before the class or what, but for some reason my blood pressure has gone from the 130's/90's to the 120's/90!! YEAH!! :) so i'm going to try really hard to focus my breathing more all the time and do my at home exercises. i want my chickadee to grow grow grow and not have my blood pressure slow it down!

here's to staying cool and relaxed chickadee*

1 comment:

  1. yeah for lower #'s!! :) pilates and dinner sounds awesome to me!! You will be glad you are doing all of this...it will really pay off down the line! :)

    ReplyDelete